3-Wheel New Rider Course

3-Wheel New Rider Course

New to 3-wheel motorcycle riding? No worries. The 3-Wheel New Rider Course is your gateway to 3-wheeled freedom. It’s designed to give you the skills to ride with confidence, whether you’re a first-time rider or it’s your first time on three wheels.

What is the 3-Wheel New Rider Course?

The 3-Wheel New Rider Course is an entry-level, learn-to-ride 3-wheel motorcycle training and education course taught by MSF and Harley-Davidson Riding Academy Certified Coaches. 

This is a 2.5 day course for those who are new to 3-wheeled motorcycles. The course will allow you to get your Texas M endorsement (Trike Only) if you do not already have your M endorsement. Since 3-Wheeled motorcycles handle differently than 2-wheeled motorcycles, we strongly suggest all Trike riders take this course. The skills you will learn in the 3-Wheel New Rider Course will help you understand and enjoy riding even more. 

You do have to provide your own 3-wheeled motorcycle that is street-ready and valid insurance.




How much does it cost?


How much time does it take?

Total course time is approximately 18-20 hours, including classroom instruction, riding exercises on a practice track, and a knowledge and skill test.

What will I need to register?

  • A street-ready motorcycle
  • Proof of valid motorcycle insurance
  • Proof of motorcycle registration

Do I need any special gear?

You'll need to bring the following:

  • Your Driver's License
  • Any materials provided to you prior to or during class
  • Long-sleeve shirt or jacket
  • Long pants (heavy denim or riding pants recommended)
  • Over-the-ankle boots (sturdy, not canvas, low heel)
  • Eye protection (helmet visor, eye glasses, sun glasses, goggles acceptable)
  • Full-finger gloves (motorcycle specific recommended)
  • DOT-certified helmet style based on the requirements of your state

What else do I need to register?

You must be of legal age to operate a 3-wheel motorcycle on public streets. Check with your local Department of Motor Vehicles for age requirements in your state.

You will need a 3-wheeled motorcycle. In some instances, your dealer can provide you with a bike to train on. Contact your dealer to see if they can provide a bike for the range sessions.